1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Wore short shorts (lol this is the first thing that came to mind), got published, um... worked at the university?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
They were to leave the house at least once a day and to finish the bible (because it has been taking forever). I didn't accomplish either of them :P
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Well. Canada. But I also live here.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A job I don't hate.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 25th, 2012 (well, not that exact date cause I had to look up when it was), that was the Friday night of Anime North when we had the most phenomenal time at the rave!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting published, and my Xweetok costume was really awesome.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being a jerk sometimes and otherwise not living up to expectations. Not standing up for myself when it comes to my gender identity.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did get sick just a couple weeks ago, but other than that I think those were the only problems. Well, I got sick earlier in the year but it's not like I remember, and it wasn't anything serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Copious amounts of ponies? Mini air compressor? Manga? Plushies? Lol, this is my life.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My aunt and cousins have been pretty good at calling me by the proper name. Also, my boss was very... supportive? If not helpful when I went to see her about gender problems at work.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The baguette's mother's behaviour appalled me. Cassy and Felicity's saddened me, though not depressed. Also saddened by the baguette's skipping school so much.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Cosplay and food, pretty much. The third in that list is books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
ANIME NORTH. ATOMIC LOLLIPOP.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
A whole bunch of rave music, because I think it was just an explosion of love this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I feel happy right now, I don't really remember how I felt this time last year ^^' probably more stressed anyway.
ii. thinner or fatter? I've stayed the same I believe, which is normal for me.
iii. richer or poorer? Probably at about the same place, because I did get a job but then spent all the money that got earned from it.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Leaving the house, exploring, creating stuff, writing, nature.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Doing nothing... you know, staying up late looking at pictures on the internet. Accomplishes nothing and just comes from laziness.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it at my place with my relatives, which was kinda irritating, but at least I got presents.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Well, I already was in love
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I hardly caught up with anything this year, so I'm gonna go with Degrassi which is the only one I've really bothered to catch on TV
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Meh, I hate generally the same people forever. The only new hatred started before 2012.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games/Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (not too keen on Catching Fire), Mastiff by Tamora Pierce, Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey (beautiful). And I also read The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper again, which remains one of my favourite books.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Various rave artists. I also really liked a bunch of Macklemore songs I listened to.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted some CDs which I got (The Con by Tegan and Sara, and The North by Stars). I wanted an anime calendar but I had to buy it myself (Inuyasha!)
29. What did you want and not get?
A soldering iron, and see above.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not sure if I even watched many new movies this year, though I did enjoy The Hobbit.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24. I turned 22, but I... can't remember what I did ^^'
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to deal with a certain person, and if certain things had gone smoother. Also, I would've been pleased if I'd gotten a job I actually liked, and if people hadn't been assholes about my gender.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Leading up to Anime North, my hair was even (as in, not a mohawk), as I was growing it out for Anime North. After AN I dressed in really... ravelike? clothes for a while. For Apop I dyed my hair the first weird colour - neon green - and also after that I wore more tights, shorts and kandi. Generally wore all sorts of things that I'd never have worn as a girl.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Keith Harkin, oh my goddess.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
So much anti-woman bullshit.
37. Who did you miss?
My little gerbil Ace who died, Anime North in general, and mostly just friends that I didn't get to see a lot.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I liked the friends we made at Apop though I'm not sure I'd consider them the best (lol, sorry if they ever read this)
Actually I think Ethan is probably one of the best people I met, cause he's so fabulous and radical.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Seems to be one I keep having to re-learn, but more that instead of fighting something, try to find ways to adapt to it or to make it adapt - I guess in this sense, approach things from a different direction if the one you're working in isn't doing the trick.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
No matter where we are,
No matter just how far our paths may lead,
We don't need no shields, cause Love is the armor that we need
- Tinie Tempah ft. Kelly Rowland, Invincible
Open your eyes,
See all the love in me - I've got enough forever
Don't be afraid, to take all you need from me
And we'll be strong Together
I'll follow your love into the stars,
I've gotta be anywhere you are
- Breeze Vs. UFO & Lost Witness, Love To The Stars
If I don't say this now,
I will surely break
- The Fray, Look After You
Waves may crash but I won't fall,
With you always by my side
- Dougal, Gammer & Lisa Marie, Heaven Calls
(Yes, a lot of song lyrics)
(This doesn't necessarily encompass the whole of 2012, because my memory is influenced by how I feel right now - but I think that overall it was a good year)